What currency are our collars priced in ?
- All pricing is in Canadian dollars. Please use the drop down menu in the top right corner for your countries currency.
What size should I order ?
- Please check our size chart page for details. If your unsure what size to order please email us and we will be happy to help - firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also ensure to include your pets neck measurement in inches on your order page.
Can a collar be made in a wider width? 1.5" - 2"? or in a colour that is not currently offered on the site?
- Definitely! Some of the collars can be made in a larger width...depending on the style. Please email us at email@example.com and we will work with you to see if it is possible and give you pricing. Longer production timelines may apply. If you would like a collar in a colour that may not be offered in that style currently please also send and e-mail and we will let you know if it is possible. Current colours available are black, oxblood, chocolate brown and whiskey tan.
Can you make a custom collar?
We can make custom collars, however there may be some limitations depending on your request. Please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can discuss your design and confirm pricing before proceeding. Timelines for custom collars will be longer and we will confirm with you prior to proceeding.
How long will it take to produce my collar/s?
- Depending on the style chosen, each collar requires different production times. We will ship items out within 5-7 days of ordering, earlier if possible. If production timelines are longer due to volume of orders, we will note this on our website or via e-mail directly to customer.
- If more than one item has been ordered items will not be shipped until all items are finished.
- Christmas production timelines may be longer due to the number of orders we receive at that time.
All items will come with a tracking # so you can see your packages progress once it has been shipped :
Canada: 1-3 business days - Shipped via Canada Post
USA: 2-4 business days - Shipped via USPS
UK: 6-12 business days - Shipped via USPS
Australia / New Zealand: 9 -21 business days - Shipped via USPS
- We currently do not offer a rush service. Creating a quality leather dog collar takes time, and we don't sacrifice quality for speed.
I recently ordered 2 collars in the same colour, however the colour looks slightly different on both. Why?
- Each hide is exposed to varying conditions and each reacts differently to its environment. Therefore each hide may take the tanning and dyeing process differently and each leather dye lot will have a slight tone difference from the one before.
Do you offer a warranty/refund?
- Your complete satisfaction is our #1 priority and we are committed to top quality and service.
- Our warranty covers defects in craftmanship ( hardware, fasteners and embellishments that have been displaced ), however does not cover normal wear and tear. We are unable to cover collars that are used on dogs that live outside all day everyday as this constant exposure to the elements will shorten the lifespan of the leather.
- Shipping back to us for repairs is not covered.
- As each collar is custom made we do not offer refunds. Please ensure to measure your pooch correctly, if you need assistance please e-mail and we will gladly help!
- Our collars are not designed or crafted to be used as ‘tie out’ gear.
- We do not recommend tethering a dog due to increased risk of loss, damage and/or injury. If you are planning on tying your dog to an outdoor line, please purchase items from a supplier that are designed and manufactured specifically for tethering dogs.
How do I care for my leather collar?
- Leather is a natural material and will age over time, this is one of the best things about leather! Also the natural colour vegetable tanned leather will beautifully darken over time with the exposure to oils in skin, sunlight, water, etc.
- With the above noted leather is a natural porous material and excessive exposure to saltwater, chlorine or lake water can lead to bacteria and odour build up within the leather fibres. We recommend removing a wet collar and wiping it dry to help keep its shape and also to prevent it from stretching (wet leather will stretch). If you like the fresh collar look, same as when collar is first received, then it is important to clean and condition your dog collar approximately every 2-4 months, sooner if you feel it's necessary. A simple leather conditioner is recommended.
I have a question that is not answered above? Who do I contact?
- Please email us at email@example.com with any questions and we will do our best to respond within 24 hours.
- No one knows your dog better than you! Please ensure dog is supervised while wearing collar.
- By purchasing any Whiskey Tan product the customer hereby agrees that animals by nature are unpredictable and that Whiskey Tan is not liable or responsible for any accident or injury that may arise, either directly or indirectly from the use of any Whiskey Tan product. Without limiting the generality of the forgoing, Whiskey Tan does not represent, warrant, or guarantee that a dog cannot be detached from the Whiskey Tan leash, collar, harness or any other Whiskey Tan product.